Thursday, March 11, 2010

MOM- Enough Said

Vs.29
Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all.

I have one way to expound on this verse and its with this face........
my mom.......not me :)! If you don't know her, she IS this woman, everything about her. I could never put into words a description that paints a picture of her character besides these past 29 verses from this chapter in Proverbs. She is the most selfless, humble, generous, compassionate, hard working, loving, forgiving, patient, nurturing, servant I know. And if I could be JUST like her I would. With every effort I have, I try to shadow everything about her but I don't think any woman could ever fully fill her shoes.Her only downfall is........she spoils everyone who crosses her path. As kids growing up, she was everyone's second mom, knowing every one of their favorite food, dessert, or drink. And if she was aware of their company being at our house; the frig and pantry were stocked with all of their favorites. And from the car wash and nail salon to the post office and oil change; everyone knows her and her baked goods! And she'll continue to make your favorite until you're busting from the seems.....be careful telling her what your favorite is, you'll see it as much as you see her.

And her children........ word will NEVER do it justice. Lets just say that she does takes FULL responsibility for my spending/shopping habits and as my girls friends say, my "princess syndrome." The weekends I'd come home from Auburn, I'd wake up on Saturday morning with a detailed car and a full tank of gas. That's right, since she rises at 5:45AM sometimes even 3:30AM, shed not only have breakfast made but shed have each one of our cars at the car wash and by the gas station by the time we woke up. I could go on and on. But I don't think a blog could ever hold the amount of words to fully describe her, her heart, and the numerous upon numerous ways she blesses me and so many other people. She is certainly one of a kind, and I sometimes ask why in the world did I and do I have the privilege of being raised by a rarity of a woman......And I can honestly say that I'm not biased. When the economy went to the slum, dad decided it would be wise to drop our YMCA membership to keep the "nuts stored for the Winter." Since mom, being the selfless woman she is, knew how much my dad and brothers enjoyed their time working out and visiting with the other men at the gym, she now sacrifices 3 mornings out of the week to work at the Y, so that our family has the privilege of using a free gym membership.

After being employed for the first time in 30+ years, she has now captured the hearts of every co-worker and member at the Y. Last Friday morning, the employees planned a surprise "ceremony" for her.....just because. There was no other reason besides the sheer fact of her being the best at everything she does and being a blessing to everyone she comes into contact with. They presented her with this........She is most definitely MVP as a wife, a mother, an employee, a friend, a sister, a daughter, the list goes on. There is nothing I could ever do to express how thankful I am for her and how I love her so much it hurts.....if thats possible!

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to your mom! You are so blessed to have her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Trina said; You're mom is wonderful! Hi Betsy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right, Heather. She is a blessing to everyone who comes in contact with her. She has always held a special place in my heart. She was so good to us and so self-less. I hope she read your post because you were right on, girl! I love your sweet mama to pieces!

    ReplyDelete