Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend, Plus Some


This woman is my hero! And I want to be just like her. She's the most selfless, patient, loving, giving, hard working mother and wife I know. If you've ever had the pleasure of being in her presence, you can most likely agree to the fact that she is constantly going to great lengths to meet needs, humbly serve at any given opportunity, and to fill bellies :). I love her more than any paragraph could express. I pray every single day that I will be the wife to Payton that she is to my dad and the mother to our children that she has been and still is to my brothers and I.

Mom, I can't thank you enough for being the perfect wife, mom, mother-n-law, and grandmother!

I love you and respect you more than you know!


And speaking of being a grandmother, she became a grandmother to her 2nd granddaughter (my new niece) four days before the wedding. And due to the wedding, honeymoon, and now living in a different city; our time with Anna Kayt, since her birth, has been brief.

But we made up for lost time!


Do you remember my best friend, Lana? Shes a World Racer.......and now she is an Auburn Graduate! Yay!


So proud of her discipline and obedience to go back to Auburn and complete just a few hours worth of credits to receive that "piece of paper." After spreading the gospel around the world for 11 months, the last thing she wanted to do was go back to school. But through much obedience and humility, she did it! Proud of you, Lana!

And to wrap up our weekend, we had the emotional and proud opportunity to witness this little guys understanding of the gospel.......


Brooks David Junkin, our nephew, received Christ as his personal Savior two weeks ago. And last night, he made his decision public by being baptized, which Payton had the privilege to do! This little 6 year old is the most God fearing and Jesus loving guy I know! He is constantly asking question, always talking about Jesus, and has already had the privilege of praying with many of his friends at school! He is unashamed and we definitely see a special anointing on his precious life!



Happy weekend and Happy late Mother's Day to all you precious moms!

No comments:

Post a Comment