Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Easter!


We had a long, busy, yet refreshing Resurrection Sunday and still (Tuesday night) feel like we are regrouping and catching up from a busy weekend.

Payt had the honor and privilege of preaching two services at a church twenty minutes outside of Guin......one being a Sunrise service, causing us to see morning at 5AM. Unlike most of my friends, marriage has not turned us in to morning people yet, therefore waking up before daylight is slightly rough for us. However, Payt not only made me the proudest wife as I stood along side him as he humbly served and witnessed to their church body; but they were the most welcoming, loving, and genuine group of people I have ever met. We loved and thoroughly enjoyed our time with them!

After the sunrise service, we had the opportunity to join the early crew for breakfast. As I was eating breakfast, a beautiful girl (or maybe I should say women) who looked to be about my age....maybe a tad older, with three young boys (one, almost three, and four years old) caught my attention. I watched her, her husband, and her three boys the entire breakfast. I was amazed and encouraged at how she patiently, lovingly, and joyfully handled her precious boys, and there was something about her that I was drawn to.

If you know me well, you can probably suspect that I made sure to strike up a conversation with her before we left. And that I did. We chatted about her boys, their ages, their names, her miraculous pregnancy experiences with all three, and so on. I asked her if she stayed at home with them, she said 'yes,' and began telling me about the slight persecution she deals with because of that.

"People think I'm crazy, because we live in a trailer and solely live on my husbands income. I was a pharmacist before my boys were born and quit so I could stay at home with them. We could build our dream home, live on a ton of land, etc. if I went back to work. But there will come a day with these boys will not want their mommy anymore. I will never get these years back, and I have the rest of my life to live in the "perfect" home on the "perfect" piece of land. And at this point in my life, I am overwhelmed and beyond content with the blessings God has given me." That was her response.

I thought wow!!! She radiated with Godly contentment, and that's what I was drawn to! With or without the "American dream", she was the most content and most precious girl I have ever met. I left with a whole new perspective of Easter......content in knowing that Jesus is alive. And because of that, I have life in full regardless of any circumstances that attempt to rob my contentment. Thank you, Brooke, for your much needed and appreciated encouragement!

Since Sunday, my prayer has been to live a Godly content life no matter what situations and circumstances look like......I want to radiate with the same joy and peace that has taken over Brooke's life!

Living an hour from my family and friends yet, being called and doing ministry in Guin, Alabama with my husband.........contentment.

In the midst of waiting for window treatments to be completed......contentment.

Bathroom vanity without a top or a sink.......contentment.


And having a Savior that not only has raised from the dead so that we may have the hope of glory, BUT in the midst of life on Earth; He provides, loves unconditionally, undeservedly forgives, and blesses beyond our understanding.........CONTENTMENT!

"But Godliness with contentment is great gain!"
1 Timothy 6:6

No comments:

Post a Comment