Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Poised?

I (Payton) had the opportunity to share with the MCHS Fellowship of Christian Athletes this morning. We took a little bit of time and dug into that cool, fun word to say.......POISE!(say it a few times in a row...fun right!!??)



Poise- A state of balance or equilibrium, as from equality or equal distribution 2. a dignified, self-confident manner or bearing; composure 3. Steadiness, stability 4. the way of being poised, held, or carried 5. Graceful, elegant 6. Sense of readiness

As the Lord often does, He took my message intended for the students and turned it toward myself. Do I balance all that the Lord has given me in a way that is honorable to Him? Am I truly confident in Him and His will for my life? Am I a stable, non-wavering follower of Christ? Do I carry myself in a way that brings Him consistent glory? Am I ready for His return?

AM I POISED?

Along with the challenge to live as poised followers of Christ, I challenged the students with Luke 21:19, "By standing firm you will gain life."

I now extend that challenge to myself and you...

STAND FIRM, BE POISED!

No comments:

Post a Comment