Monday, December 12, 2011

The Millington Traditions

Like most families, making and decorating sugar cookies is a BIG family tradition for the Millingtons. So big that Mom reminds us every year that her grandmother started this tradition :), therefore the occasion must conitnue. So....for as long as I can remember, every year we get together with aunts, uncles, and cousins to make sugar cookies from a recipe that my great grandmother passed down. However, unlike the previous years I slept through a large portion of the festivities due to the butter bean in my belly.

He or she is killing me! I cant even get my trees decorated....if you know me well at all, you know thats a pretty big deal and waaaaay out of the norm. But so is this fatigue that the ten week old bean is causing me! Any energy I muster up is spent on adoption paperwork or catching up on the two weeks worth of laundry that I can't seem to put a dent in from Haiti! Payt makes me rest A LOT, so very little is getting done around here. But the tree are up with lots of lights, and that is strictly because I put them up November 1st! But I'm not puking, my Christmas shopping is done, and thank goodness for wanting to jump the gun the beginning of November, because the rest of the house is decorated and looking pretty good so I won't/can't complain.


Recognize Little Miss Priss in the pic below? Yes, that is Kaley and she is SO big now :(! She has now reached shoulder height and has the longest and skinniest legs I have ever seen! She has a "facebook account" and acts like she is 16 years old. Makes me SO sad.


Lastly, the family Christmas card picture......


Our family tends to get bigger and bigger which make the options for creativity harder and harder. I can't thank you all enough for all the sweet comments and messages. But once again, THANK YOU!!!


Missing that little guy more than I can stand!!!

1 comment: