Monday, June 27, 2011

"Happy Day"s in Birmingham

Since my husband took off Saturday morning, I've been keeping myself busy spending time in Birmingham with my family and friends AND celebrating our niece's, Olivia Love, 2nd "Happy Day" (as she calls it).



Cant believe it has been two years since she was so bitty.


And not only do I claim that she looks just like her aunt, but the things she is now saying and doing is like watching a live version of our home videos. I feel like I'm watching myself as a two year old......it's kind of freaky!


This is dad (my older brother) on Livi's new "icicle" that definitely won 'present of the day!'


and sweet Anna Kayt slept through most of the party, but all 8 weeks of her partied hard! And in case you don't know exactly who this precious baby is, she is Olivia Love's baby sister that decided to make her debut 3 days before our wedding! But we wouldn't have had it any other way!


And below are two of my best childhood friends. And the one in the middle is getting married! Duren and I have been best friends since the 1st grade, went all the through high school together, and then lived all 5 years together at Auburn. We celebrated "fiesta" style Saturday night!

And today (Monday), I had the privilege of spending the day with my favorite kiddos!


Haiti Update: After surviving a night of sleeping in pools of sweat due to a shortage in the air conditioning at the hotel, Believe it or not, Payt is loving it. God is moving! So thank you for those who are praying! They have been to several churches where Payt has had the opportunity to speak a time or two (with a translator, of course).

Sunday they spent the afternoon at an orphanage. The orphanage was made up of 18 children who share one bath tub and eleven beds. Every child was infected with Scabies, and basically lived amongst filth. However, before the team left, every child had been treated and loved on more than ever!

Thank you for your sweet messages and words of encouragement! They go further than you realize!

No comments:

Post a Comment