Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Vintage All Around

The majority of our time was spent sanding, stripping, and restoring some OLD cabinets......TALK ABOUT GUNK! More on that later.We spent the rest of our time squeezing into spandex.....
teasing hair
slap bracelets
and leg warmers
for Kimberly's 30th 80's birthday party.
I find these pictures slightly humorous, yet extremely embarrassing. If you know me or Payton, you know this is somewhat out of character for both of us......But because we both value our friendship with Kimberly immensely, we decided to honor her 30th by going ALL out.

And also for those of you who may not know, Kimberly introduced Payton and I; therefore we are beyond grateful for her.We raided Bets and Big John (my parents) old workout gear straight from the true 80s that mom had stored away in the attic. And if you're ever in need of a pair of true spandex, let me know. We've got some in EVERY color....literally. Red, purple, neon, teal, etc.....options are limitless and not to mention their vintage appeal is irresistible. Dad would sport these all the time when I was younger, and I remember being humiliated when company would come over.....similiar feeling to Saturday night :). Not really. We had a blast stepping beyond oursleves and attempting to Kimberly's birthday as special as possible.Above is Cody. I couldnt leave him out. His is wearing a pair of vintage 80s MC Hammer pants detailed with blue and pink splatter paint. Im not quite sure when, where, or why Big John had these in his 80s wardrobe. But he did, and Cody did an excellent job pulling them off.

Hope you had a great week!

2 comments:

  1. haha I love the pics and I love you both so very much and I'm so thankful to God for each of your friendships :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. too funny.. i can remember the vintage workout clothes too! =) ya'll look adorable!

    ReplyDelete