Saturday, September 10, 2011

Labor Day, Fall, Farm/Football......

Yay for all the above! This is definitely my favorite time of year! I love Summer for about a month, but I will eat up every ounce of the four months ahead. Fall, COOLER weather, Football, HOLIDAYS, and all the food and decor they entail!

We spent Labor Day weekend at the lake. And since the weather welcomed us to stay inside to lay around and EAT, this is the only picture I took.......no doubt it sums up our Labor Day weekend.


I think we suffered through at least 6 dozen (no exaggeration) of this tasty treat. They are bite size (which entices you into eating more than your stomach can handle), they are super easy and quick to make, and they are delicious!

Make them if you haven't already.....

Bag of square pretzels
Bag of Rolos
Bag of M&M

Put in the oven for about 5-7 minutes at 275 degrees. Let cool and slightly harden.....and EAT!

I was told that the "appropriate/traditional" time for Fall decor was after Labor Day. I usually don't follow the appropriate guidelines for decorating for holidays ( Christmas will be out before Thanksgiving....sorry), but since most of my Fall decor was still in Birmingham, I was forced to wait! But its up, and the house is covered in candy, orange, and the scent of Pumpkin spice!


And Saturday we spent the day at the farm.


We love this place! We just don't seem to get out there enough.


Its wide open.......


Adventurous........


Peaceful........


Relaxing....


And besides the newest additions.......the chickens


And.........Pedro who will not let you forget he's around.......


Its quiet........


That's all for now! Except I have to say 'War Eagle'.....Payton seems to think their last minute pull thrus are luck.....I call it favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment