Thursday, August 5, 2010

Convicting Quote

"Someone asked me recently why I don't save money for emergencies, or retirement. My answer was how can I justify saving for myself "just in case" something happens to me when something IS happening to so many already. 29,000 kids will die today of preventable causes. If I'm to love my neighbor AS myself, why spend so much time worrying about me?" --Francis Chan

Convicting- to declare someone to be guilty

I stand guilty as charged! In need of less of me!

In today's Life...



...Love!

3 comments:

  1. heather,
    i dont know if you remember me, but i am payt's friend and met you at a football game. i stumbled across your blog a little while ago and follow it now and love it!!

    this quote was just what i needed this morning! it is so convicting and so true. it is so easy to become entangled in what seems necessary and important... easily losing focus and confusing wants with needs. i find myself getting caught up in materialism so often, and this was an awesome eye opener!

    hope all is well! you and payt look so cute and happy. i LOVED the photo book you did and want to try to do one for me and nathan!

    keep blogging!
    lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lindsey!

    I do remember you and thank you so much for the sweet comments! I am so thankful that it ministered to you! You are so right about "losing focus and confusing wants with needs"! It is definitely something we all struggle with! Hope you are doing great and I look forward to the possibility of seeing you this football season!

    Have an awesome weekend!

    P.S. You should definitely look into the shutterfly books, they are so fun!

    ReplyDelete