Monday, April 12, 2010

Zoom

I think we can relate to the seasons of life were life seems to be the pits. And theres nothing more difficult than praising God when nothing seems to be going right.Most of the time, our spiritual or emotional slump is usually the result of zooming in on a problem or being fixated on something we don't like about ourselves, someone else, or our circumstances.Nine times out of ten, the solution is zooming out in order to gain some perspective.
How do we zoom out?.......WORSHIP.Don't let whats wrong with you keep you from worshipping what's right with God.Re-framing problems is about shifting focus. We stop focusing on what's wrong with our circumstances, and we start focusing on whats right with God.Worship is zooming out and refocusing on the big picture.
Worship is about forgetting what's wrong with you and remembering whats right with God. It restores the joy of our salvation, re calibrates our spirit, renews our minds, and enables us to find something good to praise God about even when everything seems to be going wrong. This is purest form of worship......worshipping and praising God even when you don't feel like it. Why? Because it proves that our worship ISN'T circumstantial and by far, isn't about us!So whatevers keeping you in the slum today, re shift your focus away from your circumstance or situation and zoom in on the sovereignty and love of God.

And if you made assumptions that this bit of wisdom came from me........don't be surprise, but it didn't.

I'm hooked on a book........and its packed! Its a must-read when you get a chance. I'll be more than happy to pass it down when I'm done, which will probably be today.....I started it yesterday. And if you know my history in reading books, that's VERY unusual. OR I can clog your inbox with text messages like I do to Payton and you can bypass reading it :). Its so too good to keep myself.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome stuff! Def will be the first recipient of your passing down of this book....

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my i will be making this my next purchase for sure! thanks for sharing heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to adopt Kaley! ha I am praying for that precious little girl:) Yall have fun this weekend and dont miss me too much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. I need you to show me how to do pics like this!

    ReplyDelete