Thursday, December 3, 2009

Woman of Compassion

Vs. 20
She opens her hands to the poor
and extends her hands to the needy.

I feel like this Scripture describes the reoccurring theme of my life right now. Everyday my heart is being stirred more and more for the needy and for the poor, and Ive been on my knees asking God to bring them to my hands; and He definitely has. Back in the Summer, the Lord brough James 1:27 to my attention and that verse hit me like nothing Ive ever felt before. Since then, I've had an overwhelming sense of compassion to not only help the needy, but to be found pleasing in the sight of the Lord. If you question Lord's will or what makes His heart beat......this is it.

Compassion is what moved Jesus. All through the Gospels we're told that Jesus was moved with compassion before He helped someone in need. Compassion was who and what Jesus was. And the more we strive to be more like Him, the more overwhleming the needs of others with out weigh our own. Its nothing about us, but about allowing God to work in and through your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment