Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Ranch Family Farm

Last Wednesday morning Kaley and I loaded up the car with bags of clothes, snowflake candy necklaces that we strung the previous night, and a special lunch packed for a picnic and headed to the Big Oak Girls Ranch.
Kaley and I originally planned our trip because of the opportunity we had be given to drop off bags of clothes at their girl's boutique. I didn't know much about the ministry, so I figured instead of dropping and going, Id take full advantage of our trip and made arrangements to tour the ranch property and speak to someone personally about the ministry and how things are ran.

We had the privilege of spending the morning with a lady named Mary who graciously gave us a tour of the property and provided all the information we could ask for about the Big Oak Ranch. I could go on and on about this ministry. In a nutshell, I saw James 1:27 brought to fruition and theres nothing more that overwhelms my heart than that. They have the biggest heart for the Lord and His people......caring for orphans and giving abandoned boys and girls a fresh chance to live life to the fullest. After our time with Mary, Kaley and I spent some one on one time at a lake located on their property. We enjoyed a peaceful conversation and a nutritious lunch packed by Miss Kaley herself.......
PB&J without the crust that Kaley cut off herself, marshmallows, M&Ms, fruit roll-up, and Gatorade. And of course sponge bob napkins....... After our declicous lunch, we stopped by the park on our way out so Kaley could do some nose dives down the slide into the pile of dirty, wet leaves.
And while Kaley let loose and thoroughly enjoyed herself, I did my best to swallow my OCD tendencies and do the same.
My prayer is that God would continue to open doors of opportunity to serve the things that are near to His heart. And as He does so, I pray that Kaley's heart would be enlarge and impacted in such a way that she grabs a hold of the pureness of religion at a much younger age than I did.
We had a blast and definitely feel honored and encouraged to experience the heart of this ministry.
The Word tells that to whom much is given, much is required. And as Im reminded of that verse, I desire more and more for my life to paint a picture of that Scripture.
And what better time to reflect on what God has given us than on Thanksgiving. I am so thankful for my family and everything they bring to my life. I pray that I take the blessings that have been showered on my life and use them to my best stewardship. We ate til we couldnt eat anymore and smiled til our cheeks hurt at the joy of watching this little one grow, learn, and discover so many new things.
The remaing of the weekend I joined this precious face.....
and his wonderful family at their farm house outside of Guin Alabama.
We did a little of this.......
a little of this......
and ALOT of this!
So much to be thankful for!
And we only credit ONE.

1 comment:

  1. Aww I see Kimbo in there. So glad ya'll got to hang out!

    ReplyDelete