Monday, December 14, 2009

Meet......

Caylan. I have more memories with this girl than a week's worth of blog could hold. Caylan and I have been friends since the first grade and if I ever got into any trouble in my youth it always seemed to be with this girl. Innocent trouble of course :) Everyday of the Summer in sixth and seventh grade year of middle school were spent together together. So our friendship quickly evolved into more of a sister relationship.

And to those of you who have always wondered where my outstanding singing talent evolved from, you can thank this girl. Caylan and I would hop out of the pool the same time everyday to catch MTV's TRL. And at the time, Maraiah Carey's song had made it to the top and with all of Caylan's encouragement, I was convinced I could sing just like her. We spent many afternoons standing on top of the counter in the kitchen dreaming of making it to the top ten. And it wasnt until our sixth grade try-outs for the honor choir that I realized that either Caylan was deaf or spent the entire Summer trying to make me feel good. Because we were the only two out of the entire sixth grade who were cut from the honor choir. I still thank her for that let down :).Caylans parents worked full time, so one of the senior girls from the private school we were attending at the time kept her and her brother, Trey, throughout the Summer and since her best friend needed some extra money at the time, my mom paid her to come "entertain" me and my brothers while we were out for school. Crystal and Katy would get us together every afternoon for various activities. And since we were experiencing the development of the interest in boys, music, shopping, independence, AND hanging out with the "seniors" we were teeny boppers at the best of them.
We cheered and grew together all through high school and at graduation we parted to separate schools. Caylan went off to Alabama as I went to Auburn. However, Caylan would pay us numerous visits to Auburn throughout the semester, therefore through her loyalty, we never lost touch.
Caylan and I both came home our Senior year of college for Christmas and became involved in the Basement; and it was in that season that I, not only saw Caylan's relationship with the Lord flourish; BUT I was able to watch a life that was fully and selflessly surrendered to the Lord like Ive never seen before. And since then, she has been one of the most faithful, consistent, committed girls I know when it comes to a relationship with Christ.
Almost exactly one year from the time Caylan and I came home for Christmas break and begin experiencing the Lord's work together, I received a phone from her while I was at the beach informing me that she had met the boy she was going to marry! She asked me to pray for her and that I did!!! Because growing up, we had all decided that Caylan would be the last to get married because she was the only one with a career-oriented goal in mind while the rest of us had marriage and babies on our minds from the age 7. But through much prayer and time seeking the Lord with Caylan on her behalf, I knew they were meant to be together and couldn't have been more blessed and honored to stand by her side on their wedding day.
Caylan is one of the most well rounded girls I know. Since elementary school, she always succeeded in everything the Lord has placed in front of her. Whether it was school, athletics, relationships, or integrity; Caylan seemed to keep a common line of consistency and excellence in her life. Im so blessed by her and have always loved every second we get to spend together.
I love you and I'm so proud of you, Caylan. I cherish you and our friendship more than you will ever know.

2 comments:

  1. Awe!! Two beautiful girls with a big heart for God... I love it!! Have a blessed day! Love you, Heather!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather.. I just found your blog and I love it. This post brought tears to my eyes and I remember those summer days like yesterday. Ya'll have grown into beautiful, Godly women and I feel so blessed to have been a small part in your lives. Ya'll are the best girls and I know God has so much happiness in store for you both. I miss those younger days with ya'll. SO many fun memories at the Holland's and the Millington's. I am so proud of what ya'll have become.. and I know your parents are too! Lots of love!!

    ReplyDelete