Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Heart Transformation

If these boys
arent
turning
my heart
to complete mush........
THEN
the urgency and desire to follow the mess going on inside of me is enough to make me want to fall to pieces. I can nearly stand it. I'm no longer content with the excessive, luxurious, comfortable, "fun", easy life style Ive been blessed with my entire life. Am I thankful, absolutely! But Scripture tells us "To whom much is given, much is require." Therefore, I'm FINALLY ready to take that Scripture and with the grace of God, bring it to life through my lifestyle.If the Lord calls "pure and genuine" religion caring for the widows and orphans, why has it taken me so long to grasp the fact that nothing I have and nothing I have been given is for me? I feel as if Christians, we are easily deceived into thinking that our faith and our relationship with the Lord is for us. We spend a whole of lot of time looking for the next book to help US, we sow into ministry after ministry so a harvest will be reaped for US, go to the next conference to feed US, exercise the fruit of the Spirit so blessings are received for US......and so on. While all of these things are definitely important and beneficial for growing; its not for US to hoard for ourselves. Everything we're given, whether its finances, wisdom, knowledge, understanding, etc; we're to give to those in need. Our faith is not for us, the Gospel is not for us, and our relationship is not for us. There are widows and orphans who NEED it through us. I used to pray all the time that God would show me His will and to reveal His heart......well here it is.

"Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for the orphans and widows in their distress and refusing the let the world corrupt you." James 1:27"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves; ensure justice for those being crushed. Yes, speak up for the poor and helpless and see that they get justice." Proverbs 31:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment