Thursday, October 8, 2009

Woman of Ministry

Vs. 13
She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands.

I used to read this verse and would begin contemplating signing up for some sort of sewing lessons. Id tell God all the time that I was never gonna be able to fulfil this role. Not only do I lack the desire to work and create things with my hands, but I have to admit, I'm terrible at it! I was always the cheerleader in high school that was strictly on paint duty when it came to creating signs for the football games. I could color between the lines, but bubble letters or anything crafty for that matter were out of the question.

As I begin studying this verse, I was reminded once again how frequently we misinterpret Scripture. Because being a Proverbs 31 woman does not consist of smocking dress or sewing together a pair of slacks for our husbands. Although, I think its an awesome talent. I just don't foresee myself partaking in much of it.

This portion of Scripture is describing the way this woman found her place of ministry. Only high valued Hebrew priest wore wool and flax (type of linen), and since this woman was gifted in the area of spinning and weaving she worked eagerly to contribute to that particular ministry anyway she could. She took the time to select fine materials and then used her talent to create garments for the ministers of that time.

God has given each one of us a special gift. May not include spinning and weaving, because I know mine sure doesn't; but He hasn't put that gift inside of us to sit idle. We must pray and recognized what that gift is and work together as the body to further His kingdom with our talents. No talent is too small or insignificant. He gave you exactly whats instilled inside of you to use for His glory. Not only are we called to serve with our hands, but Hes called us to do it eagerly (strong desire).

No comments:

Post a Comment