Monday, September 21, 2009

Meet My Friend......

Christy. I don't think Id classify her as just a "friend." She is a friend, absolutely, BUT she is a mentor who purely disciplines me, challenges me, encourages me, corrects me, loves me, and most of all intimates a love and a devotion to Christ that motivates me to want to be more like Him. She is one of the wisest, purely committed women I know, and I couldn't be more thankful to have a leader so strong in her faith to imitate and follow after. She sets a Godly standard for my life that has molded and shaped me into who am I today. Words cant express how much I love her and how much I appreciate her steadfastness in every area of her life and in mine.

Christy walked into mine and three of my best friends lives at the end of our Sophomore year of High School. At the time we had no intentions of being "mentored" by her. We simply just thought she was cool, she loved the Lord, had a beautiful home, cute kids (or just one at the time), good fashion, and had a great husband.....ya know all the material things most high school girls are concerned about. But the Lord had a plan and a purpose to take this relationship much deeper than the shallow parts of our hearts.
Christy and Jay have not only remained consist over the past nine years in opening their home and their family up to all three of us at anytime, but they've remained consist in leading by example a true picture of the gospel.
As our Christmas present two years ago, they took us to Mexico so that we could live out the same gospel they've been to committed to pouring into our lives. Christy and Jay have been taught to make disciples and they take it literally! Thank you, Lord; because I know 4 lives who wouldn't be the same if it weren't for their faithfulness to the Lord and His commandments.
AND their two precious kids.....Ellie Kate and Preston. We've have the privilege of watching and being apart of their lives since they were born. We adore the two of them dearly and its been a blessing to watch Christy and Jay parent these two.......we've learned a lot!
I could go on and on and on about Christy and her family. I pray that every girl has the privilege to walk through life with someone as solid as she is.......I'll sum it with this......
"Remember your leaders who taught you the word of God. think of all the good that has come from their lives, and follow the example of their faith." Hebrews 13:7

No comments:

Post a Comment