Wednesday, August 12, 2009

New Hobby

Ive entered the Ebay world.....and I'm not exactly sure Id say that Ebay would necessarily be the actual hobby Ive taken on, but rather, the feeling of being able to clean out the excess and reorganize closets and all the while making some money has made Ebay a new interest of mine. I cant stand clutter and I certainly have come to a point in my life where the excess I live in almost makes me sick. Needless to say, Ive been doing some cleaning, and since Miss Kaley has her own wardrobe at our house and cant fit in most of it since shes growing like a weed, I started with some of her old clothes that she cant wear anymore......Before:
After:
When time provides itself, I'll tackle this beast.....
Sad isn't it!? I'm almost embarrassed or better yet ashamed of the indulgence my closet holds. Whats even more sad is that just like any other girl, I walk in this closet and still feel like I have nothing to wear! However the more I seek to know the heart of God, the less interested I become in these things. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE fashion, but the need want for it seems to slowly be decreasing......
His heart beat......
And in this process of becoming more like Him, I want my heart to be more and more consumed with these needs rather than the "needs" of my petty wants......James 1:27 implies that pure and genuine faith in the sight of the Lord is caring for the orphans and widows in their dirstress and refusing to let the THINGS of this world corrupt you. So all this to say, God's been doing some cleaing out and rearranging in my heart as well.

1 comment: