Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hartselle, AL

Some of the finest people come from the smallest towns. Jana, the baby, and I loaded up and drove an hour North to visit one of our best college friends, Jessica, for the day. We LOVE Jessica. God has blessed my life with some of the best friends I could ever ask for, and Jessica has to be one of the sweetest, most genuine of them all. As a group of friends, we all bring something different to the table and Jessica definitely adds the spice of compassion and just plain SWEETNESS to the bunch.
I met Jessica my freshman year at Auburn. We pledged the same sorority and "coincidentally" had just about every one of our Freshman classes together. I don't believe much to be a coincidence, therefore, I'm pretty confident that God just wanted us to be life-long friends.......and that we are. I deeply love her and would give her the world if I could, shes definitely one who deserves it.
Jessica is a kindergarten teacher, if that surprises you from my description of her, and starts back to school tomorrow. Since she lives a little over an hour away from us, we eat up every chance we can to visit one another. We try to visit one another at least once a month, swapping up driving the distance. So today if was our turn to make the drive, and like always we thoroughly enjoyed good company and of course some delicious food...........
Theres not a whole lot to do in a "one traffic light" kind of town, but the company and great converstations makes the drive well worth it. I thank God everyday that He didnt take either one of us too far across the map. One day we'll raise our kids together, living in the same neighborhood :) We love to dream.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun!! I like your sandals!! They are really cute! I love you beautiful woman of God!

    ReplyDelete