Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Get-Away

There is just something so refreshing about a get-away. Whether a week at the beach or just a night off in a nice hotel , anything with a change of scenery and no responsibility will do ya some good. Since I spent 4 and 1/2 years socializing studying towards my degree in Early Childhood Education, Christy treated me to a one night get-away at Ross Bridge! This is her graduation gift to all four us. It was my first experience at Ross Bridge, and let me just tell you, you DO NOT feel like you're only 30 minutes from Birmingham. I felt and thought I was across the country. I even got a little confused watching the weather.....didn't think I recognized our local meteorologist. Needless to say, its an awesome resort! More than the luxury, breakfast in bed, spa treatment, and relaxation; getting away with Christy one-on-one was the biggest, most refreshing treat of all. Shes one of the wisest women I know, and I am blessed beyond words by her daily pursuit after my life. She exemplifies a pure picture of the desire that Christ has in seeing older generations pouring out to the younger generations.
These days, vacations are really never "vacations." However, we made sure we did absolutely nothing while we were there. We were either sitting on our 'pool-side view' balcony enjoying the tunes from the bagpiper....yes the bagpipes play every evening at sunset. Pretty romantic huh?
Or we were enjoying some rays by the pool.
After too much thrill from the water slide, we headed to the spa, put on our robes, pretended we were in Hollywood, and headed home after a neck and foot massage.
We had a blast!

Thank you, Chrsity for such a special treat of relaxing and rich one-on-one time with you.

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment